If you are a pet parent you must have already thrown at least one birthday party for your dog. I know we did… In fact, we made this delicious carrot cake with a yogurt/peanut butter frosting; plus we handed out birthday cups filled with treats and toys for the other dogs! You can say it was a real Birthday PAW-rty!
But, it doesn’t matter if you are throwing a birthday party for your dog or simply feeding this awesome cake.
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey (optional)
- 1 cup whole wheat or white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease the mold you’re going to be using. We use coconut oil just in case.
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey, if desired, in a large bowl; blend well. Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly. Sift together the flour and baking soda and fold into the carrot mixture. Spoon cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
This part is completely optional, you can either use melted peanut butter or almond butter to drizzle on top of the cake or you can do this simple peanut butter yogurt frosting as well.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 6oz of plain yogurt
Mix together in a food processor or mixer, make sure your cake is fully cooled down and apply the frosting.
Remember that yogurt is a dairy product, make sure to keep the mixture refrigerated. Also, if you have leftovers from this mixture; it can also be used to dip treats and then refrigerate them!